DIY Nourishing & Pretty Flower Lotion Bars
Homemade Oil and Flower Infusion Directions: Put all ingredients in a mason jar, cover with wax paper, screw on the lid, and store in a cool, dark place to infuse for 4-6 weeks. Shake the jar every 1-3 days for an even infusion.
Infused with flowers and herbs, this lotion bar is super pretty. As a bonus, lotion bars reduce packaging waste in the beauty industry. It's an easy way to feel good and do good.
Let’s jump right in!
This recipe uses a Homemade Oil and Flower Infusion, see the following article if you're limited on time: Here's How to Infuse Oil for Homemade Skin Care.
Flower Lotion Bar Ingredients
- Molds for lotion bars (think flower-shaped muffin molds or empty deodorant containers for lotion sticks.)
- To add nourishment, use one to two plant butters or oils like Shea butter or Cocoa Butter.
- To melt ingredients together, use a large mason jar.
- Materials for packaging. Is the packaging for the lotion bars made of recycled paper, a tin container, or no packaging at all?
Homemade Oil and Flower Infusion Ingredients
- ¼ cup of carrier oil, like sweet almond oil or black currant oil
- ¼ cup of a second carrier oil, like olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup dried Herbs or botanicals. Using whole flowers or pieces gives it the pretty flower look in the finished product, but you can strain them out if you don't want to see them. (Try pretty rose petals, our whole Calendula Flower, or Canadian-made sea buckthorn powder.)
- To preserve lotions/herbal infusions, cut open 1-2 capsules of Vitamin E oil.
DIY Dreamy, Flower Lotion Bar Directions
- The Flower Lotion Bar Ingredients should be combined in a large mason jar and put into a pot of boiling water. It will serve as a double boiler if you do not have one.
- The ingredients should not get too hot (or be exposed to direct heat) in order to prevent damaging their healing properties. Our best tip is once melted to immediately remove the jar of lotion from the burner.
- Once removed from heat stir in the Homemade Oil and Flower Infusion.
- Once completely melted pour into molds and allow to cool overnight before removing and packaging.
Homemade Oil and Flower Infusion Directions
Put all ingredients in a mason jar, cover with wax paper, screw on the lid, and store in a cool, dark place to infuse for 4-6 weeks. Shake the jar every 1-3 days for an even infusion.